Thank you for your interest in becoming a vendor at the 2018 Houston Crawfish, Crab & Grill Festival. For your convenience, we put together a list of frequently-asked questions you might have about renting vendor space at the festival. If you don’t see your question here or need to clarify an answer, please email us at

About the Festival

What is the Houston Crawfish, Crab & Grill Festival?
The Houston Crawfish, Crab & Grill Festival (HCCG Fest) is an annual family event held in Houston to celebrate the taste and culture of southern food cooking, with an emphasis on crawfish, crab, and grilled foods from local restaurants and caterers. The festival also brings together a number of live zydeco, r&b, soul, and reggae music bands under one roof for your enjoyment.
When does the festival take place in 2018?
The festival will be held on Saturday, May 12, 2018. To get the most up-to-date information on this year’s festival and future dates, we encourage you to sign up for our newsletter.
What are the hours of the festival?
The festival starts at 2pm and ends at 10pm. For a complete list of events, visit the Schedule page.
Where does the festival take place?
The festival takes place at the Humble Civic Center & Arena Complex, 823 Will Clayton Pkwy, Humble, TX. You can view the complete venue information on the Venue page.

Becoming a Vendor

How can I apply to be a vendor at the festival?
You must complete the Vendor Application. We’ll review your application and notify you of space availability and assignment. Remember, spaces are limited and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
When is the deadline to apply as a vendor?
We must receive your Vendor Application by Friday, April 27, 2018, no later than 5pm. If we approve your application after the deadline, we’ll charge a late fee. We recommend you apply as early as possible to secure your spot.
How do I know if my vendor application is approved?
You’ll get an email from us letting you know that we approved your application. We receive many applications, so it might take up to a week to confirm your space. But don’t worry—if you haven’t heard back from us two weeks after sending your application, please contact us at Once we approve you as a vendor, we’ll send you a welcome packet one week before the festival with site details, parking, and setup information.

Rental Spaces

What sizes are available for rental?
You can rent a space in one of these sizes:

  • 10 ft. x 10 ft.
  • 10 ft. x 20 ft.
  • 20 ft. x 20 ft.

Prices are set according to these sizes, and we’ll approve your request based on availability, so we recommend you make your request as early as possible.

Are other items or furniture included in the space rental?
No. Only the space is included in the rental. You must provide your own tents, tables, chairs, and any other furniture you need for your space. The festival does not provide equipment rental services.
What access is there to electricity in the rental space?
You must indicate that you need electricity in the Vendor Application. Electricity can be purchased as needed. Choose one of these options:

  • 15 Amp, 120 Volt circuit for $75
  • 30 Amp, 240 Volt circuit for $150

As a vendor, you must provide:

  • Your own lighting fixtures.
  • At least a 50-foot long grounded heavy-duty outdoor power cable/extension cord to reach the electrical service. No light-duty cables/cords will be allowed.

Your own whisper-quiet type generators are allowed, and you must let us know in advance that you’ll be using this type of generator. The festival generator will pre-approve all generators. An electrician will be available on site during the festival. However, you must bear all expenses for the electrician.

As a food vendor, what are the requirements for fire extinguishers?
All food vendors must meet the Harris County Health Department requirements and must have a fire extinguisher with a current inspection sticker. The Humble Fire Marshal may inspect booths at any time during the festival. Most Fire Department fire extinguisher requirement is as follows:

“Fire Extinguishers with a minimum rating of 2-A, 10-B:C with a current tag from a license Extinguisher company. Booths exceeding 20 feet in length have two extinguishers as indicated above. Extinguishers shall be in all booths who are involved in cooking using a heating device (LP, electric, charcoal). A K-Type extinguisher is needed for all deep frying.”

Fees and Payment

What fees do I have to pay as a vendor to rent space?
The fees depend on the size of the space you want to rent, your organization type—non-profit, arts and crafts, food vendor, or corporate—and your electricity needs. The full list of prices is in the Vendors page.
How do I pay my rental and vendor fees?
We’ll gladly accept one of these forms of payment:

  • Credit or debit cards, payable at
  • Cashier’s check or money order, payable to “Kalpana Promotions, Inc.” Send your payment as early as possible, as it must clear at least 14 days before the event.

Remember, your full balance is due by Friday, April 27, 2018, no later than 5pm.

Must I pay the entire balance to reserve my space upfront?
Once we approve your application, we’ll contact you about making the required payment. Remember, your deposit is included in your payment, and it will be returned to you on the day of the festival, upon checkout. You must pay your full balance by Friday, April 27, 2018. If you’re paying by cashier’s check or money order, mail your payment as early as possible, as there might be delays when sending your payment by regular mail or courier service.
What is your cancellation policy for deposits?
If you cancel within 30 days of the festival date, your deposit will not be returned.

Selling At The Festival

Do you have restrictions on the types of items I can sell?
We welcome all types of items, but we don’t allow selling of illegal or unsafe items. Prohibited items include drug paraphernalia, guns, fireworks, weapons, apparel displaying profanity, or sexually-explicit items. Your vendor application must list all the items you plan to sell so we can approve your submission. If you sell prohibited items, you may be fined, and we’ll ask you to leave the festival without a refund.
Can I have an exclusivity agreement on a product at the festival?
If you’re interested in being the exclusive vendor of a product, email us at
Can I promote my business with coupons or promotional items?
You’re allowed to have promotional items, like coupons, brochures, menus, and signage in your space. If you want to distribute promotional items outside of your rented space, like in the eating areas, let us know in advance so we can approve your request.
Will I be able to play music?
No. You’re not allowed to play music in your vendor space during the festival.
What restrictions are there on food vendors?
You may sell only festival-approved food, and you must sell it in exchange for money, not coupons. You may not sell or promote beverages of any kind, as the festival is the exclusive provider of all beverages.

Insurance, Security, and Parking

Is insurance available through the festival?
No. As a vendor, you must provide your own insurance.
Will there be security at the event?
Yes. We’ll provide security on the day of the event, as well as overnight security if the venue allows set up the day before the event.
Will vendors be assigned parking?
Yes. You can have up to two vehicles at the festival. You’ll receive a special pass to park your vehicles in designated vendor-only areas. We recommend you use a dolly or other equipment to move or restock items between your space and your parking spots.