- What is the Houston Crawfish, Crab & Grill Festival?
- The Houston Crawfish, Crab & Grill Festival is an annual family event held in Houston to celebrate the taste and culture of southern food cooking, with an emphasis on crawfish, crab, and grilled foods from local restaurants and caterers. The festival also brings together a number of live zydeco, r&b, soul, and reggae music bands under one roof for your enjoyment.
- When does the festival take place in 2017?
- The festival will be held on Saturday, May 13, 2017. To get the most up-to-date information on this year’s festival and future dates, we encourage you to sign up for our newsletter.
- What are the hours of the festival?
- The festival starts at 2pm and ends at 11pm. For a complete list of events, visit the Schedule page.
- Where does the festival take place?
- The festival takes place at the Hobby Event Center, 9906 Gulf Fwy, Houston, TX 77034. You can see the complete venue information on the Venue page.
- Is there parking on site?
- Parking in any of the lots is available at $5 per car. Street parking is free. We encourage you to come early to get a good spot.
Getting To The Festival
Can I bring food or beverages into the festival?
No outside beverages or food of any kind is allowed. Baby food is allowed. Once inside the festival, you can purchase food and drinks from a variety of vendors. If you have a specific dietary question, please email us.
Can I bring my child?
Yes! This is a family affair, and admission is free for children 12 and under. You can check the Schedule page for a list of all kids activities throughout the day.
Can I bring a stroller for my child into the festival?
Absolutely! Strollers for your children are acceptable.
Can I bring lawn chairs into the festival?
Yes. You can bring standard lawn chairs. Please do not bring high back lawn chairs. If your high back lawn chair is blocking the view of an individual behind you, we’ll ask you to remove that particular chair. We appreciate your cooperation. Chairs left unoccupied in the line-up prior to gates opening will be removed.
Is the festival wheelchair-accessible?
Yes. But keep in mind that the festival is on a paved lot.
Can I bring my service animal with me to the festival?
Yes. Service animals are allowed, but pets are not.
Can I bring a camera to the festival?
No professional audio or video recording devices are allowed. The festival defines professional cameras to be anything with a removable lens. GoPros are also not allowed.
What items are prohibited from the festival?
Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: outside food and beverages, alcohol, drugs, weapons of any kind, framed backpacks, large bags and other carry-ons, suitcases, umbrellas, cans or glass bottles, pets, professional video equipment, professional recording devices, laser pointers, skateboards, inline skates, kites, frisbees, picnic baskets, GoPros, and selfie sticks. You can definitely bring your smartphone or tablet. The festival organizers reserve the right to change any and all carry-in policies at any time. All carry-in items will be inspected at the entrance gate.
Is there a dress code?
No. But you should come ready to dance on a paved lot, so wear comfy shoes. Remember you’ll also be enjoying crawfish, crab, and grilled foods, so come hungry and ready to get a little messy.
Do the vendors require cash to purchase items or food?
Vendors may accept whichever forms of payment they prefer, so we encourage you to bring cash if you’re concerned that a vendor won’t accept debit or credit cards.
Can the festival accommodate my dietary restrictions?
We cannot guarantee that participating festival restaurants and caterers will prepare dishes without common allergens, including nuts, dairy, gluten, etc. Additionally, not all events will have vegetarian options available. If you have any other questions regarding your specific allergy or dietary restrictions, you can email us.
At The Festival
- What kinds of activities will be held at the festival?
- The festival will have a number of musical performers including live zydeco, r&b, reggae, and soul music bands playing throughout the day. For families, there will also be a Kids Zone with fun and age-friendly activities to ensure children have fun and enjoy the day as well.
- What happens if there is bad weather?
- The festival organizers will take appropriate measures in case of inclement weather. The safety of the attendees, artists, volunteers, vendors, sponsors, event organizers, and everyone else involved in the festival will be taken into consideration. If the festival is completely rained out, the event organizers may, at their discretion, reschedule the festival for another day. We encourage you to visit our Facebook page for this year’s festival updates.
- Once inside the festival, can I leave and return later?
- Sorry, no re-entry is allowed.
- What is the festival code of conduct?
- To create a safe and entertaining environment during the festival, we urge everyone to:
- Respect others, property, and your reputation.
- Have a buddy system. Stay safe while helping others do the same.
- Contact the Houston Police Department on site if you see any illegal act or if something goes wrong. They are there to help.
- Remember that you must be 21 to consume alcohol legally in the state of Texas and at this event.
- Have a designated driver if you have consumed alcohol. Do not drink and drive. If you need assistance, ask us and we’ll be happy to contact Uber on your behalf. But remember, you must bear the cost of your ride.
- Use proper conduct at the venue. Offensive behavior, such as verbal abuse, intimidation, or harassment will not be tolerated.
- If you are caught breaking any of our rules or the law, you will be removed from the event without a refund.
- When will the tickets go on sale?
- The pre-sale ticket sales have begun, and they will be offered until May 13, 2017 at 10am, or until sold out, whichever comes first.
- How much are the tickets?
- The pre-sale tickets are $10.
- Can I buy tickets on the day of the event?
- Yes, you can buy tickets on the day of the event for $15 at the gate. This event will sell out quickly, so we encourage you to purchase your tickets online early!
- Are there VIP tickets?
- No. All tickets are general admission only.
- Are there special ticket rates available for large or corporate groups?
- No. All tickets to the festival, whether pre-sale or at the gate, are single-admission only.
- Where can I buy tickets?
- You can purchase pre-sale tickets online at hccgfest2017.eventbrite.com. Remember, there’s a small convenience fee charged by the ticket vendor for online ticket purchases.
- What’s included in the price of a ticket?
- Your one-day admission ticket, whether you purchase at the pre-sale price or at the gate, includes entrance to the festival, live entertainment from all music bands, access to the Kids Zone, and all other festival amenities on site.
- What is the refund policy for purchased tickets?
- All ticket purchases are final.
- Do I have to pay for food and drinks once I’m inside the event?
- Your ticket covers one admission to the venue so you can enjoy a fun-filled day with live music, access to food vendors, and family-friendly events. You can purchase food from the many local restaurants and caterers on site. Some vendors may offer food samples for a small charge. The festival will also have a cash bar offering alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
- Can I exchange my ticket if I don’t use it?
- There are no refunds or exchanges including, but not limited to, failure of performer(s) to appear, changes in performer(s), or cancellation or rescheduling of the festival due to inclement weather.
Travel & Accommodation
- How do I get to the festival by public transit?
- If you’re not traveling by car, you can use Houston METRO, or Uber.
- Which airport should I fly into for the Festival?
- We recommend Hobby (HOU) as it’s near the festival venue.
- Does the festival have special rate rooms at nearby hotels?
- No. But we have provided a handy hotel locator map so you can view the nearby hotels and make your reservation. Remember to book early to get the best rates.